Sunday 17 April 2016

Lifestyle | Being A Teenager # 2

friends and quote image

Hey Lovelies,

So, I've decided to start ANOTHER blog series alongside my Fashion Blog Series, called Being A Teenager! I feel like I want to address the topic of friends, so here goes...

Making friends is awesome. It can suck, but for the most part, it's amazing. You get to meet people who are either your soul twin or the Alvin to your Brittany. You get to laugh about the silly things and fight about the trivial. To an outsider, your friendship may seem (ever-so-slightly) dysfunctional, but all in all, they are your best friend and you would do anything for them.

But here's the sucky part. Some friends are awful. They make it a point to hack at your wall of self-esteem under the guise of 'friendly' advice. They make you second-guess yourself and hesitate where you otherwise wouldn't. The worst thing is some don't even know they are doing it and that's what makes you cling onto their friendship. 'They didn't mean it like that' you think to yourself every single time they talk to you. But they did.


 Truthfully, I started writing this post a week ago, and it had a very bitter tone. It had more ranting that advice. I felt as if I had drawn the short straw in terms of friends. I had some great friends, but others... not so much. But, this weekend was my birthday and I realized I had some of the best friends ever.

My form tutor once told me that there are 3 types of friends. 'Friends for a reason, friends for a season and friends for a lifetime' This quote has always stuck with me as made new friends and lost old ones. My oldest friend wrote this quote in my birthday card and I was reminded of all the good times I've had with not only her, but friends old and new. I can truly say that we will be friends for a lifetime.

So, if you lose a friend either because you drifted apart or something else, be happy at the memories you made together, instead of sad they are no longer in your life.


I hope this was inspiring!

Love, Peace and Snickers xx }|{

P.S. Quote of the day: Sometimes you miss the memories, not the person
All pictures were taken from weheartit

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave comments here: