Monday 18 December 2017

Lifestyle | My Skincare Routine



Hey Lovelies,

I've already failed in my personal mission of posting regularly, but bear with me and hopefully, I'll get better. Now, over the years, I have changed my skincare routine fairly frequently due to the fact I had a very uneven skin tone and didn't know what products suited my skin. But, I now have a small selection of products that I feel have positive effects on my skin. Knowing what creams and toners are suitable for your skin is important because they can either really benefit you, or cause your skin to breakout. So to start you off or at the very least, add to your collection, here's my skincare routine!

*Disclaimer: These products worked for me, but they may not work for you. Please be careful and test products on a small patch of skin (preferably not your face)*


Morning

I have naturally oily skin, so in the mornings, I wash my face with the Barney Kenet 2:1 Cleansing Bar  and water to remove debris, sleep and the oil from my pores. I know bar soaps are meant to be bad for your skin because they are really drying, but as I get really oily throughout the day, I like to get rid of as much oil from my face as possible. I then use a face towel to dab my face afterwards to get rid of the excess water.


If I wore a full face of makeup the day before, I apply the Garnier Pure 3 in 1 Clay Wash Scrub Mask. There are 3 ways you can use  it, but I mainly use the mask and leave it on till it completely dries which takes about 10-15 minutes. Then I wash it off with warm water. Avoid your eyes if you use this because I got this in my eyes and the small exfoliant pieces didn't come out for about 2 weeks!

Whilst my face is still damp, I apply Witch Hazel and Superdrug Tea Tree Essential Oil 100% with a cotton pad. I only started using this about 3 months ago, but I can already see the effects. My skin is definitely clearer and looks smoother as well. I wait for my face to dry enough so I can apply cream, but not too much that my skin looks dry.

 I then apply Nivea Pure and Natural Cleansing Lotion and Nivea Firming Body Lotion to my face, mixing them together. Both are moisturisers, but serve different purposes. The cleansing lotion gets rid of any missed makeup, whilst the body lotion keeps my skin tight. Finally, I apply my makeup and go about my day.

Evening

By the time I get home, my forehead is looking a little shiny. So first, I use a cotton pad and the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water to remove most of my makeup. I dread this because most of the time, my makeup is still perfectly intact and removing it makes me sigh with sadness. But then again, I don't want to wake up with spots.

I then wash my face with the cleansing bar and water again. You can see all the makeup that didn't come off on the soap. I also apply Witch Hazel again as it gets rid of impurities and can be used as a makeup remover as well.

Finally, I apply coconut oil all over my face. I know, WHAT? Why would you apply coconut oil to an already oily face? But, I have learnt that if you add oil to your face, your skin stops producing as much, which is obviously the goal. Coconut oil is also a brilliant moisturiser and helps your eyebrows and eyelashes to grow. But again, BE CAREFUL, it stings a lot if it enters your eyes.

This was way lengthier than I thought it would be! I didn't realize I had so many stages. I promise it doesn't take that long! I hope that you can take some products from my routine or find a routine that suits you.

What products do you use in your daily skincare routine?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave comments here: